Our Local Offer
What is the SEN Information Report?
Hackney New Primary School’s SEN Information Report sets out in one place, what we provide for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEN/D) throughout their time with us. It is here to explain how we support them onto the next stage of their education. Our SEN policy gives more detail about our day to day procedures.
The policy has been designed to be as accessible as possible for all parties, if you do have any questions please see the Inclusion Manager.
Hackney Education also publishes on its website a Hackney Local Offer – setting out a wide range of information about the specialist services, schools, colleges and organisations that can provide support and information for families of children and young people with SEN/D. It explains the procedures for requesting an assessment for an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) * – which has replaced the SEN statement*. You will also find information about:
- Where to go for advice and guidance on SEN and Disability matters
- Leisure activities for children with SEN/D
- Links to Frequently Asked Questions
- Direct links to other services in Hackney who can help
The purpose of our SEN Information Report
The purpose of our school’s SEN Information Report is to inform parents and carers about:
- How we welcome into our school children with special educational needs and/or disabilities;
- How we support them in all aspects of school life and remove barriers to achievement;
- How we work in closer partnership with parents/carers and children;
- How we make effective provision for all of our children with special educational needs and disabilities – SEN/D
- We will keep our SEN Information Report under review – by asking parents and children what is working well and what they want to improve
Who to contact for more information
- Our Headteacher – who provides leadership on inclusion and high achievement for all is Miss Afreedi
- Our Inclusion Manager who leads on the day to day operation of our SEN procedures following guidance in the SEN Code of Practice is Hannah Woodley, Assistant Headteacher
- Our Inclusion Governor – who has responsibility for monitoring and supporting the school on SEN matters on our governing body is TBC
The staff can be contacted via the School Office
Tel: 0203 019 3470